Spicy Mac and Cheese
For more car camping recipes visit:
• 3 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp grated parmesan
• ¼ cup breadcrumbs
• ¼ cup flour
• 3 cups milk
• 2 cups elbow macaroni
• ½ tsp dry mustard
• 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice (we used cheddar)
• 2 jalepeños (or to taste)
• Hot sauce to taste (we used Sriracha)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Remove one tsp and stir into breadcrumb mixture.
3. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour and milk. Add pasta and cook according to package
directions until al dente.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in mustard, cheese, jalepeños, salt, and pepper. Top with
breadcrumb mixture and hot sauce.